So, it's officially Janary! I'm sure we all know it's Monday, and don't need to be reminded...
Please welcome Pippa Jay to the blog for her 10 Book Confessions!
1. My earliest memory of writing is badgering my dad to show me how to spell my rather long and complicated name so I could sit and copy it until I had it perfect (if you’re curious, it’s Philippa Jayne).
2. I’ve never read, nor ever intend to read, a Stephen King book. I know he’s supposed to be one of the greatest writers ever, but I read the first page of It once because my sister made me, and I hated it. >.<
3. My first published novel was only the second book I’d ever actually completed. The only one I’d finished before that was a Doctor Who story I wrote when I was eighteen. (And I received a very nice rejection letter for it from the then publisher of the Doctor Who novels, which I still have).
4. I wrote fantasy until the age of eight, when I was seduced away by science fiction after the first televised showing of Star Wars: A New Hope.
5. I was reading Alexander Kent , Ian Fleming and Barbara Cartland books before I reached my teens because I couldn’t buy new books as fast as I could read them, and so resorted to stealing my parents instead. However, it was several years before I…em…understood what some of the scenes in the books actually meant. *blushes* (Dear parents, please don’t let your children do this).
6. My first email address was a character from a Star Trek book written by Janet Kagan – Uhura’s Song. I bought the book because it had a picture of a feline alien on the front, and I LOVED cats.
7. At school, I would read all the assigned books for English before the first week of the school year was out.
8. I was bottom of my spelling class at primary school despite being able to read books like Lord of the Rings.
9. As a teenager, I would sit and read the thesaurus and the dictionary to help me learn new words.
10. The older I get, the harder it is to find books that hook me. If a book doesn’t grab me by the end of the first chapter now, I put it aside as a DNF (Did Not Finish). I’ve had too many books that I’ve tried to finish despite disliking them that I no longer bother. There’s too many other excellent books out there to try to waste time on the ones I don’t like.
Outcast. Cursed. Dying. Is Keir beyond redemption?
For Keirlan de Corizi--the legendary 'Blue Demon' of Adalucien--death seems the only escape from a world where his discolored skin marks him as an oddity and condemns him to life as a pariah. But salvation comes in an unexpected guise: Tarquin Secker, a young woman who can travel the stars with a wave of her hand.
But Quin has secrets of her own. She's spent eternity searching through space and time with a strange band of companions at her back. Defying her friends' counsel, Quin risks her apparent immortality to save Keir. She offers him sanctuary and a new life on her home world, Lyagnius.
When Keir mistakenly unleashes his dormant alien powers and earns instant exile from Quin's home world, will she risk everything to stand by him again?
EXCERPT | Available at... Lyrical Press Inc. | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Amazon US | Amazon UK | The Book Depository |Book Strand | All Romance eBooks |
Learn more about Pippa by checking out the links below!!!
Website – http://www.pippajay.co.uk
Adventures in Scifi - http://www.pippajay.blogspot.co.uk
Spacefreighters Lounge - http://www.spacefreighters.blogspot.com
Romancing the Genres - http://www.romancingthegenres.blogspot.co.uk/
SFR Brigade - http://www.sfrcontests.blogspot.co.uk/