10 Book Confessions: Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns

Friday 7 February 2014 14:53 by Avery Olive

I've got a double dose of awesome today for our 10 Book Confessions Monday!  

Writing Partner Duo Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns!

Most notably, they are the creative masterminds behind the Roswell High Series (yes, the books based on the hit TV show Roswell) but they've also got several other novels under their belts and more to come in the future!

So please, give a warm welcome to Melinda and Laura!

 
MELINDA'S CONFESSIONS


1. I'm in three book groups, and one of them meets twice a week. I think I'm addicted. No, I know I am.

2. I have read the novelization of Born Innocent, based on the somewhat infamous 70's movie starring Linda Blair.

3. My grandmother gave me Flowers in the Attic. My mom threw it away. But not before I read it.

4. I got a goodly amount of sex ed from Judy Blume's Forever, including what happens at the gynecologist and that (some) guys name their penises.

5. I read The Exorcist when I was 12, and didn't fully recover until a few years ago. I knew I was okay when I read the 40th anniversary edition and didn't relapse and start having nightmares.

 

LAURA'S CONFESSIONS

 

1. I read Pride and Prejudice at least once a year, and have since I was twelve. (I refuse to do the math on how many times that makes.)

2. I read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy every two or three years, and have since I was ten. (See note on math, above.) I also wrote my college thesis on it—before it was cool! The movies weren’t even in development yet, there was a vague tinge of “those are kids’ books” about the trilogy, and I had to beg my professor to let me do it. Afterwards, he thanked me for forcing him to re-read Tolkien, as he’d forgotten how good the books were.

3. I also thought that all guys named their penises because of Forever.

4. I just read A Little Princess to my kids, and it made me feel like a terrible writer. That book is beautifully written and doesn’t imagine that children need to be spoon-fed a story.

5. I have never read a book by Stephen King. Not one. And this does not bother me.

 


Shay could never do the things her friends could--never try out for sports, never go to parties, never fall in love. Because of the mysterious and incurable blood disorder she was born with, she can barely make it through three days of school a week.

But now, her doctor-turned-stepfather has a brand-new treatment that he thinks will change everything. And it does. As soon as the new blood starts pumping into Shay's veins, she has visions of a different life...Gabriel's life. She sees an orphanage, loss, fangs, blood, and lust that she can't explain.

Is Gabriel real? And if he is, could he really be what she thinks he is?

And the story of Gabriel and Shay continues in the concluding sequel, Sacrifice, which is out now!


 

If you want to learn even more about Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns, or their other amazing novels, including the coming soon YA Thriller, Sanctuary Bay, click on the links below!

4 Response to "10 Book Confessions: Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns"

  1. Melinda Metz Says:

    It bothers me (but only a tiny bit) that Laura has never read even one Stephen King book. As much as it bothers her that I've fallen asleep in the majority of Lord of the Rings movies?

  2. Unknown Says:

    I am unimpressed by all types of horror, actually, so Stephen King holds no more allure for me than The Exorcist, which I've never read OR seen! I find it unfathomable, however, that anyone doesn't enjoy the epic good vs. evil fantasticness that is Tolkien. I mean, what's next, that you don't like Star Wars? Blasphemy!

  3. Unknown Says:

    Thank you very much because you have always shared many new things to us
    I am very happy because I can get articles that are very weighty contents
    Maybe I will come back to your site. Greetings :)

    Obat Infeksi Pada Selangkangan Cara Menghilangkan Batu Ginjal Obat Scabies Di Apotik Obat Penghilang Bekas Jerawat Obat Gondongan Obat Keputihan Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Vagina Obat Infeksi Lapisan Dinding Rahim Cara Menyembuhkan Dermatitis Kontak Cara Menyembuhkan Lambung Bengkak

  4. Ardi Herbal Says:

    I was very happy because I could find this very good information
    thank you very much for sharing this interesting thing with us.
    greetings and good luck always

    Obat Gabagen Buat Anak Cara Mengatasi Perut Kembung Akibat Maag Cara Menghilangkan Uci Uci Secara Alami Obat Kerumut Herbal Obat Luka Di Kaki Akibat Diabetes Cara Cepat Mengobati Benjolan Di Vagina Cara Mengatasi Campak Pada Anak Secara Alami Cara Mengatasi Vagina yang Gatal Cara Menghilangkan Bisul Di Kepala Cara Menurunkan Kadar Trigliserida Tinggi