Happy Monday. Though I know most of us still wish it were Sunday... But, alas, it's Monday. Not Sunday, which means that I have another installment of !0 Bookish Confession!
LS Murphy is no stranger to the blog, but I'm proud to welcome her as she confesses all things books, and shares with us the cover and blurb for her latest release, Neighbors! And just so you know, I soooo want to stick a 'U' into that title. Neighbours... Because I'm Canadian, but that's a matter for another day! So, Neighbors it is!
Alright, LS, take it away!
10 Bookish Confessions
1. I don’t like to read Shakespeare. *ducks* Yes, I know how revered Shakespeare is, but unless it’s performed, I simply don’t like enjoy the Bard.
2. I refused to read Harry Potter as it swept the world. The literary snob inside me said, “You can’t read kiddie books.” When Order of the Phoenix was released, I finally jumped on the bandwagon.
3. I flunked a course on American poets in college, but I still have the text book. It’s one of my favorite poetry collections.
4. Actually, I flunked out of my first college by writing my first novel. My roommate would come back from a class and steal my notebook to stay caught up. When she’d get to the end of what I’d written, she’d demand to know what happened next.
5. My mom built me a bookshelf to hold all my Sweet Valley High books. She even painted it a pale yellow to match some of the covers.
6. I don’t like The Lord of the Rings. Movies or books.
7. I get more upset when a movie adaptation changes the characters more than the plot. After all, I know these characters. They’ve become a part of me.
8. I trust Oprah’s judgment on books. I discovered some amazing authors that I never would’ve noticed.
9. The best part about ebooks is that I can sneak more than one book into the day job. J
10. I’ve started holding off on reading some series because I know I’ll want the next book as soon as I finish the first, and I don’t want to wait a year. So, I just wait until they’ve all been released and hide in my room for an entire weekend.
Now let's check out the cover and blurb for Neighbors!
Rena Woods has a great life. She recently landed the contract to decorate the home of basketball wife, Cecilia Hood, her business is growing, and this contract could make her the elite decorator in St. Louis. Rena’s sacrificed her personal life for her company without a single regret. When Staff Sergeant C.J. Riker moves in across the hall, Rena can’t stand to be around him. He may be on the volcanic side of hot, but his attitude sucks. Riker does whatever he can to get under Rena’s skin.
After a massive blow to her business sends Rena on a self-destructive binge, Riker is there to save her from doing something she might regret. Could there be more to Riker than meets the eye? And will he open up enough to Rena to tell her how he lost his leg or shut out love forever?
If you want to learn more about LS Murphy and her other novels (all great!!!) please take a moment to click on the links below, they will magically take you to a land far, far away... Or just to her social media links...
If you love 10 Book Confessions on Mondays and you'd love to take part shoot me an EMAIL! I'm always looking for more confessions, and it doesn't matter if your an author, a blogger or just simply a reader! I want to hear from you!