Welcome to December, there is a lot going on this month, but I plan to keep with my new tradition of Monday's being all about Book Confessions. Let's give a warm welcome to Danielle Fine, and avid reader, writer, and Editor-in-chief of Definition House Publishing! She wears many hats, along with manuscript editing, she also does cover designs and book trailer creations!
1. My favorite genre—to read and write—is Dark Fantasy…but I also have an addiction to Nora Roberts. Should I seek help?
2. I read a Danielle Steele book once. *hides*
3. If I discover a new author I love, I will read absolutely everything of theirs I can get my hands on until I run out. Then I usually sulk for a week or so.
4. I love my Kindle, and—with the amount I read—it’s a necessity, but I don’t think I’ll ever get over my love for printed books. If I read something I really love, when I finish, I tend to hold the book against my chest and give it a little cuddle. My Kindle is an inferior cuddler.
5. I’m a bit of a book slut. I read promiscuously, indiscriminately, and in every possible position…but I don’t do war stories or westerns.
6. I read The Clan of the Cave Bear when I was ten. I took the book to school and passed it around. I was pretty popular that day…and in a lot of trouble. :P
7. I used to read the assigned books for school so fast that my English teacher let me read whatever I wanted during the reading periods.
8. I have a (purely in my head) vendetta against Dean Koontz, because he dissed one of my favorite writers, Clive Barker. I’ve boycotted his books since I discovered this (no great loss there) and I think _highly_ uncharitable things about him whenever possible. I’m sure he goes to bed at night weeping. *Take that*
9. Some of my favorite books are Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig (Philosophy), Weaveworld by Clive Barker (Dark Fantasy), Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (YA), Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite (Horror), Anna Karenina (Literary), Love in the Time of Cholera (Magic Realism), Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula le Guin (Fantasy), Rendezvous with Rama (Science Fiction)… See? Total book slut.
10. When I read a book that’s incredibly well-written, my emotions go haywire. It’s a total war between hand-clapping, book-cuddling delight and bitter, black envy.
You can find Danielle on the web by clicking on any of these links!