Do You Have An Addiction?

Monday 25 July 2011 21:45 by Avery Olive
Okay, I figured I would finally get around to popping my blog cherry! So why not do that with a quick post about addictions and to introduce you to my other passion, the thing I do when I'm not writing, or raising my son. Cake Decorating!
And no, I'm not a drug addict, or an alcoholic, or anything like that. I'm talking about maybe being addicted to life’s little guilty pleasures.
I, myself, am very partial to Beef Jerky, so much so that I cannot leave a store that is offering a brand of jerky I've never tried before. Even if I had jerky minutes before, or an hour, or even a day, I just have to buy it. I have to indulge in the salty, not good for me, yet yummy, yummy in my tummy taste.
My brother in law, on the other hand, has a much different addiction. His crutch, his I can't live without it pleasure is Pepsi.
Most people drink coffee in the morning for a pick-me-up, my brother in law, drinks Pepsi. Maybe you feel like having a cold beer on a balcony after a long day at work, my brother in law drinks Pepsi. I've heard the story, yet never seen it, but he often downs an entire 2 Litre bottle in a short evening of movie watching, or video game playing.

So, what do you give a man who is addicted to Pepsi and not afraid to admit for his birthday?

May I introduce to you, Mr. 17Lbs, 8 layers, over a foot high Pepsi Can.


Sadly it doesn't quite give you the same caffeine buzz, but it might just put you into a sugar coma. I don't think I have ever seen anyone so delighted with a cake, then that of one that puts his favourite addiction center stage!

Do you have an addiction? Please, please do share, so I, bag of jerky in hand, and my brother in law stomach full of Pepsi and cake don't feel so alone.

1 Response to "Do You Have An Addiction?"

  1. Carol Haller Says:

    An Addiction??? How can I choose just one? Well, I guess I will mention the addiction which is politically correct. I am addicted to....The Sun! Yes, good ole sunshine. I love it, crave it and can't seem to get enough of it. And, I have the most perfect tan to prove it.